The Spiraling Homestead

Saturday, September 15, 2007

LED Solar Lighting Project

This is from a friend of mine down in KY. He loves to tinker, is incredibly creative and enjoys sharing his project ideas.
This is just one of many that will be posted. He is a huge advocate of reusing - and in very creative ways.

Well I got the latest project done. I bought a 10x10 gazebo to give some shade in the back yard. It was a little dark inside up top. So the idea came to make a chandelier.
Then the idea got better. Make it solar powered.
So I found a chandelier on ebay and got some landscape lights w/ a separate solar panel.
Some rewiring later and it's up and working. It does what I wanted it too, and now it doesn't cost me anything else to run it.
This had 2 LEDs per light. It doesn't light up the inside, but gives a glow that keeps the peak from being a dark hole.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home