The Spiraling Homestead

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Native and Invasive Plant Species Site

While looking for information on a wildflower in my yard, I came across this site. For once, the Feds have a GREAT site!

http://www.na.fs.fed.us/fhp/invasive_plants/weeds/index.shtm

They have a Weed of The Week - or WOW. LOL But - very well laid out. Very extensive and each plant has a .pdf that can be printed.

It's cracking me up - some of the 'weeds' or wildflowers they have in here are used by local governments to reclaim areas that had fill placed. It truly makes you wonder....

There's also a page for Native species, should you choose to garden with them as I am doing (to a certain extent)
http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/nativegardening/index.shtml

If I had time, I'd post WOW information, but I know better than to even try.

Taking care of the invasives, the noxious and the protected, we'll all be doing our region a huge service.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home