The Spiraling Homestead

Friday, March 13, 2009

Why This Blog Exists

How did Kermit's Team come about? I'm not sure really. Like all good Methodists, I chimed in and offered my assistance when the Greent Team was formed.

"Use a blog and connect it to the church web site. It's easy!", I chirped. "Here, I'll show you." So I started this one, choosing a name that wouldn't intefere with a name the Green Team came up with, but that would be easily remembered by its members when they actually reviewed it (which they don't). Ask them.

Why reinvent the wheel if it's already rolling under your cart? Ahh, yes. The prototype becomes the functioning model. LOL

That's fine. I was going to keep posting to it anyway, so gearing it mostly toward the church wasn't such a difficult task.

I try to post 3 times per week. As you can see, my ability to do that is spotty at best. At least once a week is the real goal. The one per week is strictly for the church. It's an expansion upon the teaser line that's placed in the weekly bulletin - giving you accurate and timely information that can help you make decisions in your life on being a better steward of the earth.

The others, as I have time, are articles I find - or are sent to me - and that I deem important enough to place here, with any additional information I might find to add to them. I'm a geek. A lab rat that hasn't come out of the closet yet. I love research, I just hate being called a researcher.

I do my best to not editorialize, but I will write a sentance or two of my opinion when I feel and real need.

I strive to make the blog a resource. I'd prefer it to be an interactive one, with you, the reader, placing comments or questions that I *will* answer as quickly as I can.

The blog isn't as actual website, so there are limitations. But it's also nicer in that it is so interactive. I've posted as much as I can on the side bar, as well as making different resource pages so that you need only to refer to one or two pages before reaching the information you want. The rest of the side bar is solid websites that you might want to review for more specific information on any number of sustainability topics.

I post simple projects, complex projects, extreme projects, new technology, new findings, and common solutions to making life more efficient along with more sustainable.

So please, keep coming back. It's designed for you to aid in improving your health, your bills, and your earth.

Leslie

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home