The Spiraling Homestead

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

EarthDay Eco FootPrint

Wow. All of my answers were in the minimal or little range and it would still take 3.5 earths to support my lifestyle, if everyone chose to adopt it.
That's scary!
We're in a little bitty house that uses not a lot of electricity or natural gas (compared to national standards), don't drive around much, recycle everything possible, grow our own food and buy what we can't from within a 200 mile radius (their definition of local).
And it's STILL 3.5 earths!
So much for being low key. And we'd need 15.6 global acres to support little old me.
I make most of my clothes, rarely buy new stuff yearly, much less monthly, and reuse what I can in other forms around the house.
This is just nasty! Insulting! Humbling! Humiliating even. LOL
I guess I'll be trying harder.
Let me know what your scores are.
http://earthday.net/footprint/
You can do this without signing up - just look below their box to enter your email address. It's there.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home